12-year-olds can be very crafty — but some tasks are still over their head. The following is a list of paint by numbers kits to get as art gifts for 12-year-olds without putting a dent in your wallet.
Top Art Gifts for 12 Year Olds
1. Karyees Disney Castle Paint by Numbers
- ★Easy to Follow★-Uncomplicated with detailed instructions. Perfect for adults who is beginner level with patience and time. You will get lots...
- ★Good Present★-DIY oil painting is a good choice to help your kids to enhance their coordination for color and after finished they will have...
- ★Enhance Relationship★-It may help people to enhance the relationship between parents and kids, friends, and friends, husband and wife, if...
First up on our list, we have a widely popular option from the Karyees brand. The painting shows Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse on a boat ride admiring the view of the iconic Disney castle with a starry night in the background.
This kit comes with easy-to-follow instructions, so it’s great for 12-year-old beginners. It can help teach them patience and train their concentration.
Once completed, this DIY paint by numbers can be a cute piece of decoration in their bedroom or your living room. The pre-printed textured canvas measures 16 x 20 inches, which isn’t too big or too small to be mounted on a wall.
Additionally, the package comes with a set of non-toxic acrylic paints and a set of 3 paint brushes of different sizes.
2. Lapoea DIY Paint by Number Kit Firefly Forest
- The number painting kit is not finished,need to paint by yourself,enjoy the fun of DIY painting.
- Have 3 size painting brushes,the painting set are made of high quality materials to ensure the service life
- Easy to follow,suitable for all skills levels,follow the instructions,paint by color numbers,finish one by one.
If you’re looking to give your 12-year-old a paint by numbers kit displaying “natural meets magical” scenery, then this DIY kit from Lapoea can be exactly what you need.
Not only can this kit help the new teen relax after a stressful day by directing their focus on filling in the many sections of the canvas, but also once they’re finished, they’ll end up with a beautiful view of a firefly forest that’s straight out of a fantasy world.
The fact that mixing or adding water to paint isn’t required makes this kit a great choice for the younger artists. Of course, they’re free to do so if they want to create a picture based on their own vision.
Additionally, the included set of acrylic paints is non-toxic and eco-friendly, with bright colors and high pigmentation to easily cover the printed numbers and lines.
This kit comes with a paintbrush set consisting of 3 different brush sizes to help you paint large and small spaces with better precision. The brushes are also very easy to clean.
With a durable high-density canvas that you can smoothly apply paint on, this paint by numbers kit makes for an awesome art gift.
3. COLORWORK DIY Paint by Numbers Pink Tulips
- COLORWORK UPGRADED VERSION: Rolled the canvas, enough paints, more sturdy package to guarantee the integrity of the canvas, no creases. Anyone...
- No Paint Mixing or Blending: provide good paint coverage to cover the lines and numbers; enough pigment to cover the numbers with one coat of...
- Paintbrush Kit: comes as a kit of 3 different sizes separately for big or small areas to do the super fine lines and details easily;...
You can never go wrong with a COLORWORK project as an art gift for 12-year-olds, and these lovely pink tulips are no exception. This kit uses acrylic paint on a high-density, durable canvas that’s been rolled and stored in a sturdy package to keep it in perfect condition.
This entire painting doesn’t require many paint colors to complete. Actually, you can probably distinguish all the colors needed just by looking at the painting.
Additionally, the absence of detailed sections makes this kit a good choice for young beginners. It comes with a 16 inches W x 20 inches L frameless canvas, a set of acrylic paints, and 3 paintbrushes. The brushes are made of nylon so they’re hassle-free to clean.
The included acrylics apply smoothly and the numbers are easy to read to help users pinpoint the correct color to use.
4. Maomaomi Paint by Numbers Eagle King
- 🎨 UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVE SIDE With this complete digital custom painting kit, you can unleash your creativity, which includes a 16x12 inch...
- 🎨 RELIEVE STRESS AFTER A LONG DAY: This custom paint by numbers set helps adults and children release tension, improve their concentration,...
- 🎨 DECORATE YOUR WALLS WITH YOUR OWN ARTWORK: Add personal style to your room with vibrant pictures painted with our personalized paint by...
Next, we have a majestic eagle painting from Maomaomi. Besides featuring large numbers and bright colors, this kit also uses simple, mostly straight lines to create the final shape.
This is one of the best gifts for a 12-year-old interested in crafts and painting. Be sure to remind them to carefully check the labels on the paint containers before dipping in their brushes to avoid mixing colors by accident.
This fun kit includes premium quality acrylic paints that are non-toxic, eco-friendly, and totally safe to use. It comes with a 12 x 16 inches non-crease canvas and 3 professional-grade paintbrushes of different sizes.
5. TOYVIP Vintage Cartoon Car 5D Diamond Painting by Number Kits
- 💎 -- ROUND DRILL - The beads cover the whole picture and make the picture more glittering.The drill,made of high quality resin materials,is...
- 💎 -- CANVAS WALL DECOR - High clear oil painting canvas is waterproof and even texture, the pattern itself has a sticky background and plastic...
- 💎 -- RELEASE PRESSURE - DIY paint kit is suitable for all skills levels with easy-to-follow instructions
Last but not least, this painting by numbers kit from TOYVIP isn’t the conventional version, but it’s about as cool as art gifts for 12-year-olds can get! Instead of regular painting, you get to create a badass picture of a vintage cartoon car entirely out of rhinestones.
That’s right, you’ll use the included rhinestones to cover the whole canvas. This adds extra texture and dimensions to make the painting more fun to look at. These drill diamonds are made out of high-quality resin materials. They are brighter and more attractive than other types of diamonds.
Additionally, the canvas is waterproof and evenly textured. The car pattern itself features a sticky background covered by a plastic protective film. This keeps that part of the canvas nice and sticky.
This DIY paint by number kit is a wonderful choice for artists of all skill levels. It includes an easy-to-follow instructions guide to make the process more simple. It’s perfect for painting enthusiasts with a knack for handmade crafts.
Art Gifts for 12 Year Olds – Tips for Applying Color and taking Care of Brushes
Here are some tips to help you achieve the best possible results with your creations:
- You should paint the larger sections first, then go smaller as you progress. Not only will this save you time, but it’ll also help you avoid accidental smudging.
- Start painting at the top section of the canvas, then move to lower areas as you progress. This will also help you avoid smudges.
- While painting, try to fill in all the sections corresponding to the color you’re using before moving using a different color. This will help take away any confusion in terms of the coloring sequence.
- For the most part, you can’t go wrong by starting with the lights then going in with the darks as this will help you get a better idea of how the painting will look at the end.
- Cover the numbers by using multiple layers of paint if the pigmentation is lacking.
- Don’t rush the painting process and allow enough drying time.
- Plan the amount of paint you’ll lay down carefully. You should use enough paint to provide good coverage but still try to be as precise as possible. Don’t apply too much paint so you don’t run out of colors mid-painting.
- Close the paint cup when not in use. Otherwise, the paint may become too dry to apply.
- Always clean your brush before going in with a different color as well as after you’re done with the current painting session.
- Don’t use the same brush to scoop paint out of the pot, mix paint, and paint. Instead, use any splitting, old, or low-quality brush you have lying around to scoop out and mix paint. Save the good brushes for applying paint to the canvas.
- Clean your brushes using warm water. It’ll help you get the paint off more easily.
- Don’t store your brushes in water cups while painting. Instead, keep them flat on your painting station.
Art Gifts for 12 Year Olds – Wrap Up
These are our favorite paint by numbers kits that you can get as gifts for 12-year-olds without breaking the bank.
To shop our complete selection of acrylic paint by numbers kits, CLICK HERE!