- 1 5 Coolest Vintage Paint by Number Kits to Get as a Gift in 2021
- 1.1 1. COLORWORK Acrylic Pigment Lakeside Boat DIY Paint by Numbers Kit
- 1.2 2. CaptainCrafts Wild Flowers Pots Chair Paint by Numbers Kit
- 1.3 3. Maovy Vintage Flower Bouquet Canvas DIY Oil Painting by Number Kit
- 1.4 4. Simplicity Vintage Paint By Number Vintage Collectibles
- 1.5 5. TOYVIP Vintage Cartoon Car 5D Diamond Painting by Number Kits
- 1.6 Tips for Painting by Numbers
- 1.7 Wrap Up
5 Coolest Vintage Paint by Number Kits to Get as a Gift in 2021
Today, we’re presenting you with the 5 coolest vintage paint by number kits to get as a gift for yourself or your art-loving friend:
In the midst of our hectic schedules and fast-paced days, being able to sit back and relax is just about the greatest gift anyone can get!
1. COLORWORK Acrylic Pigment Lakeside Boat DIY Paint by Numbers Kit
If you’re looking for a beautiful canvas that looks like a vintage oil painting but doesn’t cost nearly the same hassle, then this DIY Paint by Numbers Kit from COLORWORK may be exactly what you need.
This kit helps you de-stress after long days by focusing your attention on painting its many small areas. The best part is that once you’re done, you end up creating a stunning scenery of a lakeside boat.
You won’t need to mix or blend paint, which makes this kit all the more convenient. The included set of acrylic paints simply provides enough pigmentation to cover the numbers and lines with only one coat.
The COLORWORK Paint by Numbers Kit also comes with a paintbrush kit that offers 3 different brush sizes for painting big or small areas with impressive precision. The fact that the brushes are made of nylon means they’re quite easy to clean.
With a durable high-density canvas, this paint by number kit makes for an awesome gift package for adults of all ages.
- Paint dries up quickly
- Vivid colors
- Great price
- Can be a bit challenging for beginners
2. CaptainCrafts Wild Flowers Pots Chair Paint by Numbers Kit
Nothing says vintage like a painting of potted flowers sitting on some rustic furniture, right? If your answer is yes, then look no further beyond this paint by numbers kit from CaptainCrafts featuring a pot of wildflowers on a wooden chair.
It comes with a set of acrylic paint with high-brightness pigment that requires no blending. It gives you more vivid colors with a higher concentration than average.
This CaptainCrafts paint by numbers kit also includes a set of 3 high-stretch paintbrushes that are made using natural solid wood tenon and tenon structure. They’re durable and retain their shape for a long time so you can keep them for extended service. The bristles are made of elastic nylon for more comfortable painting.
You get 2 options when purchasing this kit, either framed or frameless. With the first option, you’ll get a solid wood 16 x 20 inches frame. Otherwise, you’ll only receive the HD linen canvas made of high-quality pure flax with clear print so you can easily read the numbers and protect your eyes.
- High-quality materials
- Framed option
- Clear print
- On the pricey side
3. Maovy Vintage Flower Bouquet Canvas DIY Oil Painting by Number Kit
Another candidate that portraits lovely vintage flowers is this DIY Oil Painting by Number Kit from Maovy. It shows a gorgeous bouquet in a 16 x 20 inches canvas.
This kit includes a set of acrylic paint that completely dries up in a matter of a few hours so you can hang your creation as soon as possible. You won’t just be calming down after your busy day, but you’ll also enhance your hand-eye coordination with this activity.
The Maovy kit is especially suitable for people who love to paint yet doing it free-hand isn’t their strongest suit. It’s also a good option for those looking for a project that’s a bit challenging than usual.
Since this kit comes with an easy-to-follow guide and requires no particular skills except knowing how to hold a brush, it makes a great gift for beginners and students. You even get a set of 3 brushes so you can start painting right away!
- Comes with an easy-to-follow guide
- Good for beginners looking for a challenge
- The canvas may arrive folded
4. Simplicity Vintage Paint By Number Vintage Collectibles
Next up is a painting by number kit from Simplicity Vintage that shows a set of vintage collectibles once you’re done painting. The finished painting has a size of 14 x 11 inches, which makes for a cute wall frame later on.
This kit comes with high-quality acrylic paints, 1 pre-printed textured art canvas, 1 paintbrush, and an easy-to-follow instructions sheet. It’s a good option for painting enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels.
- Suitable for all experience levels
- The painting size isn’t too big or too small
- The included brush can be of better quality
5. TOYVIP Vintage Cartoon Car 5D Diamond Painting by Number Kits
Saving the best for last, this painting by number kit from TOYVIP is just about as cool as they get! Not only do you get a badass picture of a vintage cartoon car, but you actually get to create it entirely out of beads!
That’s right, you use the included beads to cover the whole painting, which also adds texture and makes it more fun to look at. The drill diamond is made of high-quality resin materials that are brighter and more attractive than other types of diamonds
The provided canvas is waterproof with an even texture and the car pattern itself has a sticky background with a plastic protective film to preserve the stickiness of the picture. This DIY paint by number kit is perfect for users of all skill levels and includes an easy-to-follow guide to make the process more convenient.
The unique TOYVIP kit is great for both painting enthusiast and handmade craft lovers. Talk about hitting 2 birds with 1 stone!
- No paint needed
- Perfect for painting and craft enthusiast
- High-quality resin beads
- Can take a long time to finish
Tips for Painting by Numbers
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your painting by numbers kit:
- Start painting larger areas first and then go smaller as you progress. This will save you time and helps prevent accidental smudging.
- Use the darkest color first then move towards the lighter shades.
- While painting, try to paint all areas corresponding to the color you’re using to avoid any confusion regarding the coloring sequence.
- Always clean your brushes before switching to a different color.
- Cover the numbers by using a second layer of paint.
- Be patient with the painting and allow plenty of drying time.
- Avoid smudges by first painting the top section of the canvas then moving to lower areas.
- Close the paint cup when you’re not using it to prevent it from drying. Otherwise, the paint will dry up and become useless.
- Carefully plan the amount of paint to apply. You want to use enough paint that it provides good coverage while staying as precise as possible while painting. Don’t over-use the paint so you don’t run out mid- painting.
Painting by number is both soothing and fun, which makes such kits ideal for gift-giving. If you’re looking for a vintage themed gift, take your pick from our list of the 5 coolest vintage paint by number kits.
To view a complete gallery of our paint by numbers kits, CLICK HERE!