Have you ever been feeling down, but didn’t know why? It could be that your mood is low and your creative juices are just not flowing. A great way to boost your mood and get those creative juices flowing again is to paint a rainbow abstract.
Painting can be very therapeutic, and it’s a fun way to express yourself artistically. A lot of people who are struggling emotionally and mentally, actually take up art as a way to ease stress.
- FINE TIP MINIATURE PAINT BRUSH SET includes all your pointed liners, rounds, flats, and spot brushes. Perfect oil paint brush set for detailed...
- PERFECTLY WEIGHTED AND BALANCED ergonomic design provides absolute control, comfort, and precision. Well balanced, steady control with precision...
- BEAUTIFUL HANDCRAFTED BIRCHWOOD with 7 layers of protective lacquer coat for a professional look. Triangular handle provides the perfect...
A study conducted by the University of London showed that those who took part in an art therapy program had a significant decrease in anxiety and depression.
It’s simply painting with bright, vibrant colors – think ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).
You don’t have to be a professional artist to do this. In fact, it’s actually better if you’re not because you won’t overthink it. Just let the colors flow and see where they take you.
If you’re not sure how to get started, there are plenty of tutorials online that can help walk you through the process step-by-step.
What Does Abstract Mean In Color?
Abstract art is all about color and form. It’s meant to be expressive and evoke emotion. When you look at an abstract painting, it should make you feel something.
What Are Rainbow Abstract Paintings?
An abstract rainbow is simply an abstract painting that uses the colors of the rainbow. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. The important thing is that you have fun with it and let your creativity flow!
Why Should You Paint One?
Aside from being therapeutic, rainbow paintings can also help boost your mood. The colors of the rainbow are known to be uplifting and happy, so painting with them is sure to put a smile on your face.
Plus, a rainbow is a great way to add a pop of color to your home décor! If your home is feeling a little bland, adding this painting can brighten things up.
It’ll be a constant reminder that no matter what life throws your way, there’s always something colorful and beautiful to look forward to.
Is A Rainbow An Abstract Art?
A rainbow is an abstract adjective. Bonds are also concrete nouns but dreams and retirements have never been defined. These adjectives are classified as abstract nouns. So, the rainbow is an abstraction.
You don’t necessarily have to shape your rainbow art into the usual rainbow shape. The great thing about abstract art is that it all depends on your imagination.
Tools And Materials You Need
In order to start your painting journey, you will need to have the right tools and materials for the task. Most of these are relatively cheap and can be bought from your local art supplies store.
You don’t necessarily have to purchase expensive paints or brushes if you’re starting as a beginner. After all, having quality items doesn’t necessarily mean expensive. Start small.
Acrylic or Oil-Based Paints
Acrylic or oil-based paints can come as a 12-piece, 24-piece, and even36-piece set. Most of these paints cost about 5 USD at the very least. So, you don’t necessarily have to bust out your wallet for these materials.
Canvas or Watercolor Paper
Depending on the surface you want to paint on, you can either use a canvas or watercolor paper. Canvases are usually more expensive than watercolor paper, but they’re also more durable. Watercolor paper is thinner and not as sturdy, but it’s cheaper.
A Set of Brushes
A set of brushes can cost anywhere from 10 to 20 USD. Again, you don’t need to spend a lot of money on these supplies, especially if you’re just starting.
You wouldn’t want your brushes to be messy, so having a brush holder can help sort them while maintaining the cleanliness of your work area. You don’t necessarily have to buy one, you can always recycle old cans.
A Palette or Plate
You will need somewhere to mix your paints before you start painting. A palette or plate will do the job just fine. You can usually find these for $1 or less.
You will need paper towels to help you clean your brushes in between colors. You can find a pack of paper towels for $2 or less.
A Cup of Water
You will need a cup of water to rinse your brushes in between colors. Any old cup will do the trick!
Most enthusiasts in the art space like to sketch out their designs first before painting. If you’re one of them, make sure to grab a pencil before you start. There are many types of pencils, so make sure you use the right kind for sketching.
If you like to sketch first before adding the colors, having a handy erase to help you erase the mistakes and harsh lines can be quite useful. These are relatively cheap and you can find a lot of them in your local dollar store.
Popular Abstract Rainbow Painting Techniques
- CREATE A MASTERPIECE: Our follow the numbers system allows anyone to create a beautiful piece of art - EASEL INCLUDED
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGN: This Masterpiece is licensed exclusively to Ledgebay and a portion of all proceeds will go directly to the Artist. The Vibrant...
- ALL TALENT LEVELS: From beginners to pros, any painter will enjoy completing this DIY craft project
There are endless possibilities when it comes to painting rainbow abstracts. Many art community forums can help you get ideas on what type of abstract painting design you want to create. You can also look for ideas using your browser.
It’s a great idea to explore options and designs when creating art. There are also a lot of Youtubers you can subscribe to who can help you with the basics. But here are a few popular tips and techniques artists frequently use to get you started:
- Use a rainbow palette: This is the simplest way to create an abstract rainbow. Simply choose a rainbow of colors and start painting!
- Paint in stripes: Another simple technique is to paint your canvas in stripes of color. You can make the stripes as thick or thin as you like.
- Use a sponge: Dip a sponge in paint and then dab it onto your canvas to create a textured abstract rainbow.
- Paint with your fingers: This is a fun technique for kids (or adults!) to try. Simply dip your fingers in paint and then start making marks on the canvas.
- Use a stencil: If you want to add a little bit of detail to your rainbow abstract, try using a stencil. Choose a stencil with a geometric or floral design and then paint over it with your rainbow colors.
Now that you know how to paint an abstract rainbow, it’s time to get started! Your paintings make great gifts to send to friends or vectors images to upload on social media. What’s great about art is that it doesn’t need filters to look nice.
If you’re feeling confident, you can even enter online art competitions using your abstract rainbow pieces. If you find yourself wanting to do art, it’s a sign. So grab some paints and bring out the artist in you!