Paint by numbers masterpieces are created by everyday people all the time, and there’s no need to be a famous artist just to do so. If you’re completely new to this art process the best place to start is with one of the most popular paint by numbers paintings that have been recreated by people all over the world.
We’ve compiled a list of the most famous paint by numbers paintings that you can get started with. They range in difficulty and the style of strokes and colors you’ll use, so there’s something to suit everyone. Each of these top picks comes from one of history’s most beloved artists, so you can share in the magic for yourself.
- 1 #11: Sunflowers – Van Gogh
- 2 #10: The Kiss – Gustav Klimt
- 3 #9: Starry Night – Van Gogh
- 4 #8: The Scream – Edvard Munch
- 5 #7: Water Lillies – Claude Monet
- 6 #6: Mona Lisa – Leonardo Da Vinci
- 7 #5: Bouquet of Chrysanthemums – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- 8 #4: The Artist’s Garden at Giverny: Claude Monet
- 9 #3: The Dessert: Harmony in Red – Henri Matisse
- 10 #2: The Girl With the Pearl Earring – Johannes Vermeer
- 11 #1: Dream – Pablo Picasso
#11: Sunflowers – Van Gogh
- PAINT KIT FOR BEGINNERS：Don’t need any art related skills. Just simplely follow the instruction provided and create magnificent art...
- HOME DECORATION：After you finish this painting by numbers sunflower, you can hang them on the wall of your home or workplace.It will become a...
- ENHANCE PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIP：When paint together with kid，paint by numbers can enhance the relationship between parents and kids to...
What Is It: Van Gogh paint by numbers sunflowers are by far the most popular around, due to this wonderful use of colors and iconic strokes. This is a popular choice for first-timers because it’s bright and beautiful, and arguably one of the most famous works of art ever made.
#10: The Kiss – Gustav Klimt
- Finished size of the paint by number for adults is about: 16"(40cm) x 20"(50cm) x 1"(2.5cm).
- Paint is non-toxic and safe high-quality acrylic paints, and it is suitable for beginners or children.
- Pre-printed canvas mounted on wooden frame and the painting art is easy to follow the instruction.
What Is It: Gustav Klimt is known as one of the most famous symbolist painters and the Austrian artist had a very unique way of displaying color. The Kiss is one of his most popular for paint by numbers because it gives an added challenge for those looking to step up their skills.
#9: Starry Night – Van Gogh
- ♥️ Paint by Numbers for Adults is for you to create your own masterpiece, paint it together with your loved ones!
- ♥️ How To Do: use the acrylic paint which is marked with numbers, to fill in the areas on the canvas which is marked with the same numbers.
- ♥️ Gifts Idea: PBN is a great choice as a gift for Christmas, Thanksgiving day, new year and birthday to your family or friends.
What Is It: When it comes to paint by numbers kits, Van Gogh is a fan favorite. This is a little harder than his people who want to give themselves a challenge. You’ll have to take a lot longer to master this one but will find yourself immersed in a whole new style of painting, and the final outcome will amaze you.
#8: The Scream – Edvard Munch
- The mouse pad is printed with the famous art of The Scream by Edvard Munch - Stitched Edges
- Made from high quality natural rubber material. The dimension of the mouse pad is 9.5x7.9 inches
- Stitched border prevents the mouse edge from warping or fraying
What Is It: As one of the world’s most instantly recognizable art pieces, The Scream by Edvard Munch is surprisingly easy to copy. People use this as their very first paint by numbers piece because there aren’t too many minor details to get the hang of but the end result is quite stunning.
#7: Water Lillies – Claude Monet
- Diamond painting Water Lily. Monet painted water Lilies in Giverny Gardens, where he lived for the rest of his life. When Monet created water...
- NIHO-JIUMA diamond painting art, according to the number on the canvas operation, beginners, children, adults can easily complete. premium...
- Diamond art is the perfect gift for family and friends to help relieve stress and relax at work and in life. Spend your free time away from...
What Is It: No paint by numbers list would be complete without the famous Water Lillies painting by Monet. With a mixture of gorgeous greens and blues this is one art piece that people want to have in their house, so rather than buying it yourself why not attempt to paint it? It’s incredibly easy and the ideal place to start for beginners who have absolutely no experience.
#6: Mona Lisa – Leonardo Da Vinci
- UPGRADED VERSION – We offer high-quality cotton and linen canvas, 30% extra paint pots for most frequently used colors and a specially designed...
- SIMPLE AND FUN ANCIVITY - If you want a hobby, you can consider choosing our paint by number kits. It takes out lots of your time and patience to...
- EASY TO PAINT – Our kit is perfect for teens and adults. No special skills are needed except knowing how to hold a brush and following our...
What Is It: Arguably the world’s most famous piece of art ever made, you’ll be able to recreate the Mona Lisa for yourself with a little bit of skill. This isn’t recommended for your very first go at paint by numbers because it’s harder than it looks, but once you feel confident with your skills you can have a try. Some people even like to mix up the colors and give her a bright look, but it’s totally up to you as the artist.
Here is an interesting article about a new Mona Lisa painting recently found in a bank vault.
#5: Bouquet of Chrysanthemums – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- 1.?Package：Acrylic Diamond, 1 canvas without frame, 1 diamond sticky pens, 1 adhesive, 10 resealable bags.
- DIY diamond painting can improve hands-on ability, reduce stress and ease emotions, experience a sense of accomplishment, enhance self-confidence...
What Is It: There’s nothing better than painting a vase of flowers and it’s where many artists get their start. Bouquet of Chrysanthemums by Renoir is incredibly easy to make using the paint by numbers system. It is where many people find themselves drawn to for their very first painting. There’s a surprisingly small amount of colors and no fine details that you have to worry about filling in.
#4: The Artist’s Garden at Giverny: Claude Monet
No products found.
What Is It: This is a piece that paint by numbers artists take on when they’re ready for a serious challenge. You can expect to spend a lot of time getting the minor details just right. The Artist’s Garden at Giverny is colorful and whimsical, true to the style of Monet. The satisfaction you’ll feel once it’s finished makes this challenge all the more worth it to take.
#3: The Dessert: Harmony in Red – Henri Matisse
What Is It: Matisse had a way with shapes and colors that was like no other artists. If you’re a fan of his inspiring works you’ll want to give this one a try. As one of his most famous pieces, it’s actually easier to create than it looks. Although, it is probably not ideal for absolute beginners. This is a great choice if you’re looking for art to hang and be proud of when you’re done.
#2: The Girl With the Pearl Earring – Johannes Vermeer
What Is It: If you’re new to painting don’t start with the standard flowers, The Girl With the Pearl Earring is perfect. This beautiful and haunting piece by Johannes Vermeer has a great blend of small and large shapes to follow. The end result is simply beautiful.
#1: Dream – Pablo Picasso
What Is It: The king of abstract has far too many pieces to name them all. But, if you want a great beginner piece from Picasso, Dream is our recommendation. His use of large shapes and vibrant colors makes him a dream come true for new paint by numbers artists. It’s also a good choice for those who prefer abstract works. If this is your first paint by numbers attempt, you’ll be amazed at how good it can turn out.
To view our complete gallery of paint by numbers kits, CLICK HERE!