Every artist needs the right tools. From good quality paint to brushes to high-quality standing art easels, every part of an artist’s arsenal is important. Some artists may not even think about the best artist easel for pour painting techniques, but they should!
There are a lot of different standing art easels out there, but not all are made equally. You want a sturdy easel for pour painting techniques and easel for pour painting fluid that won’t collapse on you while you’re using it. You will want something that will offer horizontal easel for pour painting. You also want one that’ll last so you’re not always replacing it.
- 1 1. Ohuhu 66″ Aluminum Field Easel
- 2 2. U.S. Art Supply Coronado French Style Standing Easel
- 3 3. Mont Marte French Box Standing Art Easel
- 4 4. Crayola Wooden Dry-Erase and Chalkboard Easel
- 5 5. T-Sign Wood Standing Art Easels
- 6 Stop Using Low-Quality Standing Art Easels
What Kinds of Easels Do You Need?
If you’re an artist, then you know that having a good easel is essential. But with all the different kinds of easels out there, how do you know which one to choose? Here’s a quick rundown of the most popular kinds of easels:
- H frame easel: This is the classic easel design that you probably think of when you think of an artist at work. It’s stable and sturdy, making H frame easels ideal for oil painting or any other type of painting that requires a lot of time and precision.
- Portable easel: As the name suggests, this kind of easel is perfect for artists who need to be able to move around with their work. They’re often lighter and more compact than h frame easels, making them easy to transport.
- Table easel: These are great for small paintings or for working on projects that don’t require a lot of height. Tabletop easels are also perfect for artists who don’t have a lot of space to work in.
- A frame easel: These are similar to h frame easels, but A frame easels have an additional support system that helps to keep them even more stable. They’re ideal for larger paintings or for working in outdoor environments.
If you’re having trouble finding a good standing art easel or the best art easel, consider one of the five options below. Perhaps, you’ll find easels for sale Amazon.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT：The easel stand is perfect for floor stand or table top display with adjustable height from 21” to 66”
- SPRING CLAMP FIXING THE CANVASES: With the spring clamp on the top of the tabletop easel stand, the canvases is hard to slide from the place
- ADJUSTABLE KNOBS: This artist easel has easy turn adjustable knobs for quick height & angle adjustments
1. Ohuhu 66″ Aluminum Field Easel
If durability is something you’re looking for in a standing art easel, look no further than Ohuhu’s aluminum option. This easel is made of durable aluminum that makes it perfect for taking outdoors. It folds down to an extremely portable size and even comes with a carrying case perfect for travel.
This easel for pour painting has adjustable height options, and can stand as low as 21″ to as high as 66″. That makes it a great standing or tabletop option. Each leg can be adjusted, meaning you don’t have to worry about uneven surfaces if you’re the kind of person who likes to paint in the grass.
The adjustable canvas holder is intuitive. You slide it up or down like a tripod and twist-lock it into place. The clamp used to hold the canvas in place is spring-loaded, and ensures all types of canvas won’t shift.
The Ohuhu is also extremely light! This easel comes in at only half-a-pound in weight, assuring you’ll hardly even notice you’re carrying it. It doesn’t get much lighter than that.
You can get the Ohuhu easel in a four-pack or a one-pack. If you’re just looking to display art around your home, the four-pack is a great option. Your art will look natural and dignified on this easel’s aluminum frame.
This is an affordable and sturdy option perfect for students and landscape painters alike. It may not have any compartments for holding paint and other art supplies, but it more than makes up for that with its beautiful simplicity. The silver and black look is professional and sleek, making it an enviable piece of equipment.
- A classically designed large plein air French style field and studio sketchbox easel that converts into a high tripod painting stand easel with a...
- Sturdy lightweight tripod sketchbox easel that can be adjusted to any incline angle position depending on the need, and will accommodate a canvas...
- Storage sketchbox is divided into a 4 compartment interior with 3 removable dividing slats for adjusting compartment sizes, plus a bonus storage...
2. U.S. Art Supply Coronado French Style Standing Easel
If you want a reliable and feature-full standing art easel, U.S. Art Supply has got you. Their Beechwood-made easel stands at a comfortable 72″ maximum height. It accommodates up to a 34″ canvas, and folds down to an extremely portable 22″.
This is an all-in-one easel for pour painting technique. When folded up, the easel works as a large, very functional art box. It has room for all your paints, brushes, and tools. When folded out into an easel, the box sits right under the canvas for easy access to all the tools you’re going to need.
This easel comes with a painters palette and has a leather strap attached for easy carrying. Each leg is adjustable to account for uneven terrain, and the legs have rubber feet to combat slipping and sliding. The German beechwood design is classic and classy looking, as well as sturdy.
The easel clasps together using high-quality metal clasps, and is set up with box joints to increase strength. The canvas-holder can also be adjusted to fit smaller canvases if you’re working on a project under 34″.
You won’t find a much better option for young and old painters alike. If you’re looking for an easel and something to hold all your supplies, look no further. This is the perfect option if you’re a student looking for an all-inclusive easel at a great price, or someone who needs a canvas to bring to their paint by numbers group.
- Art Kit: Beautiful wooden art case complete with paints, pencils, and supplies for kids and teens
- Easy Storage: Everything fits neatly inside the box for convenient clean-up, storage, and transportation
- Assorted Paints: Explore oil, acrylic, and watercolor paints in a myriad of beautiful colors
3. Mont Marte French Box Standing Art Easel
If you’re looking for something a little bit different, try Mont Marte’s black standing art easel. It’s a pitch-black easel complete with an artist’s box and adjustable legs. If you’re looking for something that stands out and functions, this will tick all your boxes.
This easel comes with a full-size palette and a slide-out drawer for all our painting supplies. It unfolds easily and features an adjustable canvas holder that holds canvases up to 46″. The easel comes in at a total height of 72″, and a weight of 12.25 pounds, making it one of the sturdiest options around.
You can also adjust the tilt of this easel, making it perfect for any type of terrain. Never be limited by your environment again with the Mont Marte easel. Paint on the edge of a hill if you’re so inclined!
Mont Marte handcrafts these easels out of high-quality wood. They use durable brass-plated fittings for the clasps, which help this easel look elegant. Plus, the all-black paint job knocks this easel out of the park.
The Mont Marte Black French Box Easel has a leather handle and a strap. It’s a perfect choice for students and traveling artists of all ages. It’s especially great for those who want something that looks a little different than the typical easel.
The attached artist case holds a lot of materials. It’ll hold your palette, brushes, markers, and all other tools you’ll need. It also works as a base if you want to use the horizontal easel for pour painting on a table-top.
- Classic A-frame easel suitable for all levels of artists. Perfect for home or studio use
- Beautifully handcrafted from seasoned beech wood with high-quality steel fittings to ensure the ultimate in stability and durability.
- Includes a ledge for brushes and paints. Easily adjustable to a multitude of positions to suit your painting style.
4. Crayola Wooden Dry-Erase and Chalkboard Easel
This is a different sort of easel, but it’s undoubtedly one of the best out there. If you want to instill a love of art in your kids, this can’t be recommended enough. It’s cute, it’s easy to set up and use, and it makes for a great gift!
This is a standing art easel made by Crayola specifically for kids. On one side of the easel is a whiteboard and on the other a chalkboard. The top of the easel has a rod that can hold a roll of paper, allowing kids to paint with this easel, too!
Under the boards is a blue table that can hold chalk and markers. It also has a spot for cups that can be used to hold and clean off paintbrushes. The whiteboard side is magnetic too, only adding to the possibilities for fun!
The legs are adjustable depending on the height of the child. The easel comes with everything you need to get started, including paint, paper, and plastic clips for keeping the paper still on the easel. It’s made with kids in mind, meaning it’s easy for them to set up and use.
The easel is bright, colorful, and inviting for kids as young as four and up. It’s made of non-toxic materials and can even be set up outside! Its legs aren’t independently adjustable though, so don’t expect any crazy angles.
Art plays an important part in a child’s development, and the Crayola easel is an incredible and fun way to get them interested. Don’t hesitate to purchase this easel for your kids. Sharing the fun of art with your kid is one of the greatest feelings in the world!
- ART EASEL FOR KIDS: Includes 1 Wooden Easel, 1 Paper Roll, 3 Paint Pots, 3 Pip-Squeaks Broad Line Washable Markers, 12 Washable Dry Erase...
- KIDS CHALKBOARD & MAGNETIC DRY ERASE BOARD: This dual-sided dry erase and chalkboard easel lets kids change up their activities as they choose....
- PAINT STORAGE TRAY: The tray located beneath the writing surface is specially designed for convenient paint pot storage.
5. T-Sign Wood Standing Art Easels
This 75.5″ adjustable easel is taller and sturdier than a lot of the competition. It’s made of high-quality beech wood and holds canvases up to 44″ tall. Whether you’re standing or sitting, you’ll be able to adjust this canvas to your liking.
The canvas holder is tiltable for that further level of customization. You could be painting on a hill and still find a comfortable position with this easel. Never sacrifice your artistic integrity when using the T-Sign.
This easel is made with a sturdy A-Frame design, meaning it’s hard to tip over. Even the wind will have trouble moving this easel. It has rubber feet that keep it from sliding around, making it perfect for indoor and outdoor use.
The T-Sign folds up to an extremely portable size and has a leather strap on the side for carrying. Students rejoice! It also features a removable tray just below the canvas holder for your paintbrushes and other artists’ tools.
T-Sign is a trustable name in the easel world and have put their all into this easel. They put their easels through in-depth testing before putting them on the market, so you know you’re getting a good quality product.
The easel comes in at a total of 6.6 lbs. It’s easy to bring to class, bring on a road trip, or carry up a hill to get that perfect, stress-relieving painting experience. This truly is one of the best easels on the market today.
Stop Using Low-Quality Standing Art Easels
No artist wants to be caught dead using low quality standing easels. A low-quality easel runs the risk of wear and tear, and might even collapse part-way through a project! There’s nothing worse than losing a great art piece to malfunctioning hardware.
If you’re an artist who love paint by numbers, check out our shop and see what we can do for you. Contact us with any comments, questions, or concerns. We’d be happy to help.