Paint by numbers kits aren’t just fun to complete, but they can also offer a great release for the disabled. There are sets designed to suit the visually impaired, which makes the paint by numbers hobby more inclusive.
In this article, we’re reviewing our top 6 paint by numbers for visually impaired individuals. And also sharing tips on how to create the best painting. Let’s get started!
- 1 Top 6 Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired
- 1.1 1. Ledgebay DIY Paint by Numbers Durango the Dinosaur
- 1.2 2. Paint by Numbers Kit Welcome Home
- 1.3 3. Princess Ava and Her Kingdom Paint by Numbers Kit
- 1.4 4. Simplicity Vintage Paint By Number Vintage Collectibles
- 1.5 5. Ledgebay DIY Paint by Numbers – Climber Frog
- 1.6 6. Maomaomi Paint by Numbers Eagle King
- 2 Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired – Tips for Applying Color
- 3 Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired – Wrap Up
Top 6 Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired
1. Ledgebay DIY Paint by Numbers Durango the Dinosaur
You can never go wrong with a Ledgebay, and this adorable purple dinosaur is no exception. They’re acrylic masterpieces on high-density, durable canvas. It has been rolled and kept in a more sturdy package to protect its integrity.
Capturing imagination at its loveliest, this entire painting requires very few paint colors to complete. You can pretty much tell apart all the colors from a simple look at the painting. Additionally, the lack of intricate shapes makes it ideal for visually impaired folks to get right.
The included acrylic colors go on beautifully, and the numbers are easy-to-read to help users identify the correct color to use.
2. Paint by Numbers Kit Welcome Home
If you’re looking for a large paint by numbers kit for visually impaired individuals that uses limited colors, then then this DIY kit from Ledgebay may be exactly what you need.
This kit can effectively help you unwind after a busy day by directing your attention to painting its sections. The best part is that once you’re done, you end up creating a stunning beginners view of home with a soothing minimalist approach.
There’s no need for you to mix or blend paint, which makes this kit all the more convenient for visually impaired folks. The included set of acrylic paints has adequate pigmentation to cover the easy-to-see numbers and lines using one coat only.
The Ledgebay Paint by Numbers Kit also comes with a paintbrush set offering 3 different brush sizes to facilitate painting big or small areas with decent precision. With a durable high-density frameless canvas, this paint by numbers kit makes for an elegant gift for beginners of all ages.
3. Princess Ava and Her Kingdom Paint by Numbers Kit
Included in the package is a set of high-quality acrylic paint that’s heavily pigmented and requires no prior blending. It produces more vivid colors on the canvas with a higher-than-average concentration, making it easier to see by visually impaired individuals.
This Ledgebay paint by numbers with large numbers also offers a set of 3 high-stretch paintbrushes made using natural solid wood tenon and tenon structure. They’re strong and will retain their shape for an extended period so you can expect a long-lasting service. The bristles are also made of elastic nylon to let you paint more comfortably.
If you opt for this kit, you get a pre-framed 12 x 16 canvas, featuring clear print so you can easily read the numbers and protect your eyes.
4. Simplicity Vintage Paint By Number Vintage Collectibles
Next up, we have a paint by numbers kit with large numbers from Simplicity Vintage that displays a set of vintage collectibles once you’re done adding colors. The finished still life painting has a size of 14 x 11 inches, which works as a nice frame on your bedroom or hallway wall later on.
This kit comes with a set of high-quality acrylic paints, a pre-printed textured art canvas, one paintbrush, and simple instructions. It’s a good option for painting enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels.
5. Ledgebay DIY Paint by Numbers – Climber Frog
This kit by Ledgebay is an excellent paint by numbers for visually impaired people. It includes a 16″ W x 20″ L frameless canvas, a set of acrylic paints, and 3 paintbrushes. These brushes are made out of nylon so they’re very easy to clean.
You don’t need to mix or blend paint before coloring in the canvas, which makes this kit more convenient for visually impaired individuals. The included set of acrylic paint offers enough pigmentation to cover the easy-to-see numbers and lines by applying only one coat.
This beautiful painting of an adorable frog comes with 3 different brush sizes to help you paint big or small sections with decent precision. The high-density durable canvas has been rolled and stored in a more sturdy package to protect its integrity.
6. Maomaomi Paint by Numbers Eagle King
Last but not least, we have a majestic eagle painting from Maomaomi. Not only does this large paint by numbers feature rich colors, but it also uses simple, mostly straight lines to paint.
This is one of the best gifts for a visually impaired painter who needs some color therapy. However, make sure you remind them to check the labels on the containers before dipping their brushes to avoid accidentally mixing paints.
This kit comes with premium quality acrylic paints that are non-toxic, environmentally-friendly, and completely safe to use. It also includes a 16 x12 inches non-crease canvas and 3 unlimited paintbrushes of different sizes.
Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired – Tips for Applying Color
Now that we presented you with our top paint by numbers for visually impaired people, here are some tips to help you achieve the best results:
- You should paint the larger sections first, then go smaller as you progress. Not only will this save you time, but it’ll also help you avoid accidental smudging.
- Start painting at the top section of the canvas, then move to lower areas as you progress. This will also help you avoid smudges.
- While painting, try to fill in all the sections corresponding to the color you’re using before moving using a different color. This will help take away any confusion in terms of the coloring sequence.
- Always clean your brush before going in with a different color.
- Don’t rush the painting process and allow enough drying time.
- Cover the numbers by using multiple layers of paint if the pigmentation is lacking.
- Plan the amount of paint you’ll lay down carefully. You should use enough paint to provide good coverage but still try to be as precise as possible. Don’t apply too much paint so you don’t run out of colors mid-painting.
- Close the paint cup when not in use. Otherwise, the paint may become too dry to apply.
Paint by Numbers for Visually Impaired – Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 6 paint by numbers for visually impaired individuals that are sure to deliver hours of stress-relieving fun.
To view our complete gallery of beginner paint by numbers kits, CLICK HERE!